The Dividend Report - January 2023
Beware the Noise
There were few winners in 2022, but it's safe to say the reputation and comfort of solid dividend stocks came out smelling like roses. But unfortunately, there is a major rush to own dividend stocks, which means there are going to be a lot of mistakes.
It also means there are going to be naysayers as well. This piece below is making the rounds on social media, so I am replying to these reasons not to own dividend stocks. Ultimately, you’ll have to adjust your portfolio to help you reach your investment goals.
1. There are no clear equal reactions between stock value and dividend payouts.
2. Not sure on tax ramifications
3. ‘Homemade dividend’ means no longer owning the stock
4. It is true dividend payouts are no guarantee of higher share prices
5. Buybacks help elevate stocks and are more financial engineering than dividend payouts
6. Of course, we want management to maintain a healthy and growing company
7. Few ‘strong’ companies not paying out dividends, and growth stocks were crushed in 2022
8. Sounds like some dumb Bro-Speak
9. There is no correlation to high dividends and low ideas in C-suite
10. A word and styles salad – there should be room in all portfolios for dividend payers
To read the full report contact your account executive or email Research@wstreet.com.
Add a Comment!
Products & Services |
In The Media |
About Us |
All Rights Reserved.